Here’s the deal, I’m fed up and pissed off. Where’s the good fried chicken in Edinburgh?
So I thought, you know what, I’ll make my own!
Even though I have never fried chicken in my entire life, these turned out a lot better than I thought and I am pretty proud of them. Also I ate the entire plate, not one bit spared and I am not even ashamed of it.
Video below, recipe underneath.
Remember and be a good chicken and subscribe to my YouTube channel, and if you create the recipe yourself let me see!!!
This will feed one super hungry chicken lover or two people who find it acceptable to share something this good.
- One chicken breast
- tsp pepper
- tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 of a bottle of your fave BBQ sauce (I chose Sainsbury’s own because I am poor and it turned out delicious)
- Cut your chicken breast into bite sized pieces (hence the name ‘chicken bites’)
- Put your chicken in a bowl and cover with the salt, pepper and paprika
- Mix everything up so the chicken is fully covered – you can use your hands, your hands in gloves, a spoon – whatever really
- Put your flour on a plate and crack your egg in a separate plate
- Dip your pieces of chicken and fully cover them one at a time into the flour, then the egg and then in the flour again – your hands get yucky not going to lie, totes worth it though
- Put your oil in a pan and put it on a high heat, I dropped the smallest bit of chicken in to see if it was hot enough, if you see it sizzle you are ready to roll my friend
- BE CAREFUL hot oil is hot, funny that isn’t it?
- Drop your chicken pieces into the oil, I put 4 – 5 in at a time but completely depends on pan size
- Once they are a beautiful golden brown colour they are ready, scoop them out and set aside
- Grab your delicious BBQ sauce (shout out to the inventor, I love you) and pour it into a frying pan, heat until it starts to bubble
- Once bubbling grab your chicken and chuck it in the pan (gently as don’t want BBQ sauce splash back, such a waste am I right?)
- Cover your chicken all over so it is wearing a gleaming coat of delicious other worldly BBQ sauce
- EAT MY FRIEND, EAT
IMPORTANT NOTE: When touching raw chicken be careful and wash your hands and surfaces after the chicken has touched them, you don’t want food poisoning now.
Have you made them yet? Why not? What’s wrong with you?
Hehe just kidding.
But seriously, why haven’t you made them yet?
If you do make these please send me pics and let me know how it goes, if you don’t make these cool, miss out on awesome.
My social media :
Youtube: Talor Tries….
Pinterest: Talor Gilchrist